Ash's Card Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Putting some thoughts out.

2 posters

Go down

Putting some thoughts out. Empty Putting some thoughts out.

Post by Ash 23rd October 2015, 5:11 am

For a long, long time I've had a bunch of mental issues. One of them is huge anxiety, which I feel is largely the reason this project died. As I'm sure any of you that will read this is aware, what this project needed desperately was new members and the best way of doing so is to appeal to YCM for new blood. New members spark new cards, then sets, then duels to allow the process to repeat. And frankly, every time I entertained the idea of opening a thread on YCM, or attempting a recruitment drive - I panicked. Too many unknowns for me to handle, too many different personalities to balance and keep interest. As you might have noticed, me and confrontations easily turn into a shitstorm.

All of this really cements that I am not fit to lead this project. So as it stands, albeit too late to matter, I intend to pass the buck. I just genuinely can't do what is necessary. Anybody who wants to take on the challenge of bringing this back are free to do so. I'll do everything I can to smooth any transition. For what it's worth, I don't intend to quit fully, but I just don't have it in me to try and take full responsibility.

So, I hope that this is seen and that something can be arranged. Until then, I'll be checking the site daily as per usual. And if this isn't seen and this is the last remnants of ACG / LCCG, then I want to thank everyone who helped make this project a part of my life and something that brought a lot of joy to me, even when my life was crashing about my ears. Special mentions to Seattleite, who went so far above and beyond what I could have ever expected from anyone to be helpful to online strangers. Dylan, you are such an incredibly friendly person and I think if I ever get the hang of striking up conversations without panicking, I think it'd be great to chat with you. EMSOUP, you gave me some of the best duels I've had here and in doing so, made me feel that the project had real purpose. INH, WereLord and EvanM7 - you guys were fantastic to interact with and once I started all that time ago, it was you, your hospitality and great personalities that made me stay. Finally, Leo - you made all of this possible for me. I regret that we didn't interact a great deal, because I feel that I owe you for so much.

- Ashley Harrington
Ash
Ash
Admin

https://acgclub.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Putting some thoughts out. Empty Re: Putting some thoughts out.

Post by seattleite 23rd October 2015, 8:32 am

That was a beautiful post, thank you. And I think you're being too hard on yourself. 90% of the time LCCG / ACG was on the brink of death, and you stuck with the project more than anyone, through periods of work and low bandwidth nonetheless.

Anyways, this might be a good time to say my energy is sapped. I don't have any inspiration for cards, taking 14 credits & dealing with a corrupt landlord this semester, and like Leo, I feel like yugioh's game mechanics are inherently unbalanced and impossible to fight against. Feels like we've cried wolf many times, we can't offer any YCMers a stable, active CCG anymore.

So, on the off chance the club comes back, I will not be active. I'll still come on occasionally for social stuff. And I'm still working on my Unity game / club idea. I have (most!) of your guys' Skypes. So I'm coming back someday with the game, and will message each of you about it.
seattleite
seattleite
Admin

http://www.duelportal.us

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum