Ash's Card Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't convice you guys to take the risks of Tribute Summoning...

4 posters

Go down

I can't convice you guys to take the risks of Tribute Summoning... Empty I can't convice you guys to take the risks of Tribute Summoning...

Post by Tungsten Butterfly 30th September 2014, 8:18 pm

o wait i can

Scytheraptor
Level 5/EARTH
1650/1350
[Dinosaur/Effect] Cannot be Summoned before turn 5 of the duel. When this card is Tribute Summoned successfully, destroy 1 Level 4 or lower Effect Monster on the field. If your opponent controls no Level 4 or higher monsters, this card can attack directly. During your Draw Phase, if you draw this card; you can return it to the top of your deck: Add 1 Level 3 or lower Dinosaur-type Monster in your Graveyard to your hand instead.

Hades' Pteranodon
Level 5/EARTH
1550/1200
[Dinosaur/Effect] This card can only be destroyed (by effect or battle) with a Level 5 or higher monster. If you have no monsters in your hand other than Level 5 or higher Dinosaur-type monsters, you can shuffle this card and other card (in your hand or on the field) to your deck: draw 2 cards.

Torvovenator
Level 6/EARTH
2200/1800
[Dinosaur/Effect] This card is unaffected by the effects an attacks of Level 4 and lower monsters. This card cannot attack directly, and this card must attack first during the Battle Phase (it's ATK cannot be increased above 2200.)

Carnoxiphos, the Bladed Carnivore
Level 8/DARK
2750/1250
[Dinosaur/Effect] If you have not Tribute Summoned this duel, and you have no summonable Level 4 or lower monsters, you can Normal Summon this card without tributes. If you do, this card cannot inflict battle damage until it has been face-up for 2 turns. When this card is Tribute Summoned successfully, your opponent reveals their hand: the Effect monster with the highest ATK is discarded.

The Sauropod With No Name
Level 8/WATER
2450/3200
[Dinosaur/Effect] When this card is Tribute Summoned, select up to 5 cards in your Graveyard: return them to your deck. At the beginning of your opponent's Battle Phase, this card is changed to Defense Position (even when face-down.) At the beginning of your Battle Phase, this card is changed to Attack Position (even when face-down.)

Alpharaptor Carnifex
Level 9/WIND
2800/2400
[Dinosaur/Effect] This card can be Normal Summoned or Set without Tributes. If you do, it's original ATK and DEF are halved permanently. If this card is Tribute Summoned with 3 Tributes: your opponent randomly discards 2 cards, and all Level 4 and lower Effect monsters whose ATK has been increased are destroyed.

Last edited by Tungsten Butterfly on 5th October 2014, 10:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
Tungsten Butterfly
Tungsten Butterfly

Back to top Go down

I can't convice you guys to take the risks of Tribute Summoning... Empty Re: I can't convice you guys to take the risks of Tribute Summoning...

Post by seattleite 1st October 2014, 7:02 am

I don't know how I feel about these. Obviously we want tribute summon monsters to be useful but the stats are up to TCG standards again. Some things:

* Torvovenator is super strong, because they're not gonna get a high level monster out while you keep killing the tribute fodder in battle. The stats are too high also.

* Carnoxiphos, the Bladed Carnivore needs clarification on "battle damage". The TCG used it to mean damage to monsters as well as players. I assume you only mean players.

* Alpharaptor Carnifex needs "3 tributes", because as of now, level 9+ still only requires 2 tributes

seattleite
seattleite
Admin

http://www.duelportal.us

Back to top Go down

I can't convice you guys to take the risks of Tribute Summoning... Empty Re: I can't convice you guys to take the risks of Tribute Summoning...

Post by Tungsten Butterfly 2nd October 2014, 4:40 am

Torvo at 1900 maybe?
Tungsten Butterfly
Tungsten Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seattleite 3rd October 2014, 8:04 pm

Still, Torvo forces you to run level 5+'s or you can never get rid of it. It's like how every TCG deck needs an answer to Beelze or they're dead.

So the opponent is just biding time until they topdeck a level 5+ and a way to summon it.
seattleite
seattleite
Admin

http://www.duelportal.us

Back to top Go down

Post by Tungsten Butterfly 4th October 2014, 4:16 am

Oh I totally forgot to put "opponent's monsters'" instead of "opponent's"
Tungsten Butterfly
Tungsten Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by deathdragonv2 5th October 2014, 7:53 pm

I think Scytheraptor is really, too strong. Personally I would edit it so that it may declare direct attacks, only if, your opponent has no level 4 or Higher monsters in their control. Then to make it slightly more ballanced.

I really like Hades' Pteranodon, I think it has good ballance and an effect that makes it worth considering.

Torvovenator is good but I would reduce it's ATK to a max of 2200.

Alpharaptor Carnifex is a good card. I think it's effect are strong but they need to be when tributing three cards.

I enjoy the concept of these cards but as they are I think they are a little too strong. If you can pull it out early Scytheraptor can dominate and really prevent your opponent from doing very much. With a little work I think these could be solid cards with fairly unique effects.
deathdragonv2
deathdragonv2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tungsten Butterfly 5th October 2014, 10:01 pm

Added fixes in bold, Scytheraptor can't be summoned until turn 5 so it can't do a first-turn domination.
Tungsten Butterfly
Tungsten Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by deathdragonv2 5th October 2014, 10:33 pm

I think that all looks much better. I really like the look of them now. Great job
deathdragonv2
deathdragonv2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash 5th October 2014, 10:48 pm

don't use turn count restrictions seriously
Ash
Ash
Admin

https://acgclub.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down