Ash's Card Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OW's Idea Lab

3 posters

Go down

OW's Idea Lab Empty OW's Idea Lab

Post by That OW Guy 25th July 2015, 4:10 am

Now i'll be the first to tell you. I F***ing hate Yugioh. I still love ACG though. So I want to get back into the swing of things with card ideas. I'm going to post ideas in this topic every now and again and I would like some feedback on the general idea i'm presenting. Simple enough? Good.

Bolt Barrier
Trap Card
Effect: When a Thunder-Type monster you control is attacked: Negate the attack. When a Thunder-Type monster you control is attacked, you can activate this card from your hand. If you do, this card's effect becomes: If the attack target would be destroyed by this attack, it is not destroyed. You can only activate "Bolt Barrier" from your hand once per turn.

Thunder Beast, Staticfur
Type: Thunder
Attribute: LIGHT
Level: 4
ATK/DEF: 1400/1400
Effect: When this card attacks a monster, it gains 300 ATK until the end of the damage step. If this card is attacked and is still on the field at the end of the damage step: Target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy it.

This time it's about a new series of Thunder-Type monsters. I've always liked the idea of monsters based around electricity and i'm sad real Yugioh hasn't done it more. I wanted to give them a theme of alternate abilities depending on situations and support cards. Let me know what you guys think of these 2 for now.
That OW Guy
That OW Guy

Back to top Go down

OW's Idea Lab Empty Re: OW's Idea Lab

Post by seattleite 26th July 2015, 9:50 pm

Bolt Barrier strikes me as a bit weak, even with that nifty hand trap idea.

Thunder Beast (archetype start? called it) is alright, a fair effect for its stats.

As a 2-card combo, it really only amounts to a sakuretsu armor-like effect. I'd make Bolt Barrier more potent alone.

seattleite
seattleite
Admin

http://www.duelportal.us

Back to top Go down

Post by deathdragonv2 31st July 2015, 8:05 pm

Ah sorry for late and inconsistent replies, should be getting the internet steady again soon. I quite like this type of thing. It's good and kinda balanced but if anything worked really well then it would just be too strong for here. I'd suggest a monster like this.

Thunder Beast, Shockillerchameleon
Type: Thunder
Attribute: LIGHT
Level: 4
ATK/DEF: 1350/1350
Effect: When this card attacks a monster, the opposing Monster loses 300 ATK until the end of the damage step. If this card attacks and is still on the field at the end of the damage step: Target 1 Face Down Spell or Trap Card your opponent controls; destroy it.
deathdragonv2
deathdragonv2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum