Ash's Card Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey look spirit monsters

+2
DIGITAL
seattleite
6 posters

Go down

Hey look spirit monsters Empty Hey look spirit monsters

Post by seattleite 10th April 2014, 10:48 am

Acheri
Fiend - Spirit | EARTH | Level 2
SPIRIT: When this card is normal summoned or flipped face-up: Target 1 Face-Up Attack-Position monster; halve its ATK (until your opponent's next End Phase), and gain Life points equal to the ATK it lost.
[ 600 / 0 ]

Iannic-ann-od
Aqua - Spirit | WATER | Level 4
SPIRIT: This card cannot be used as Xyz material. During the turn this card is Normal Summoned or Flipped face-up: you can Normal Summon 1 extra Spirit Monster from your hand (you can only gain this effect once per turn). If this card is destroyed in battle: you can use the opposing monster as a tribute for the Tribute Summon of a Spirit Monster this turn.
[ 800 / 400 ]

Gashadokuro
Zombie - Spirit | FIRE | Level 5
SPIRIT: When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: You can discard 1 card; set 1 Trap card from your Graveyard on your field.
[ 2300 / 2300 ]

Purgatorium
Field Spell Card
If a Spirit Monster is destroyed by battle, card effect, or tributed for a Tribute Summon: banish it. During the controller's second Standby Phase: return it to their hand.

Last edited by seattleite on 11th April 2014, 6:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
seattleite
seattleite
Admin

http://www.duelportal.us

Back to top Go down

Hey look spirit monsters Empty Re: Hey look spirit monsters

Post by DIGITAL 10th April 2014, 2:35 pm

These are really nice in my opinion. Love the combo between Iannic, Gashadokuru, and purgatorium.
DIGITAL
DIGITAL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by That OW Guy 10th April 2014, 6:31 pm

All 3 monsters look insanely abusable.
That OW Guy
That OW Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by CNo.101 S.C.Heath knight 10th April 2014, 7:44 pm

seattleite wrote:
Acheri
Fiend - Spirit | EARTH | Level 2
SPIRIT: When this card is normal summoned or flipped face-up: Target 1 Face-Up Attack-Position monster; halve its ATK (until your opponent's next End Phase), and gain Life points equal to the ATK it lost.
[ 800 / 0 ]

this is pretty strong, make it easy for your existing monsters to run over monsters that nearly twice as strong and reuse this card again and again. I can see OW's concern. Gale the whirlwind in spirit form

Iannic-ann-od
Aqua - Spirit | WATER | Level 4
SPIRIT: You can Normal Summon 1 extra Spirit Monster from your hand (you can only gain this effect once per turn). If this card is destroyed in battle: you can use the opposing monster as a tribute for the Tribute Summon of a Spirit Monster this turn.
[ 900 / 400 ]

I agree with OW as the NS effect is STILL need cost although not as heavy as Hermes's obscure cost since it is restricted to 1 Subtype. I actually get what the concept that to gain an extra normal Summon in addition to your regular Normal Summon, then ram this card to an opponent's monster, then tribute it for level 5-6 Spirit monster But it won't work that way. First of all it is actually an Ignition effect and it's not a quick effect either, as is, it will contradict the second effect. There few ways to change it to work with the second but mind that The cost is still needed though. Basically Graveyard ignition effect or Double Summon's effect but either way it still need quite a bit of costs.

Gashadokuro
Zombie - Spirit | FIRE | Level 5
SPIRIT: When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: You can discard 1 card; set 1 Trap card from your Graveyard on your field.
[ 2300 / 2300 ]

The cost is just not enough, resetting a trap is too good.

Purgatorium
Field Spell Card
If a Spirit Monster is destroyed by battle, card effect, or tributed for a Tribute Summon: banish it. During the controller's second Standby Phase: return it to their hand.

not sure what to think about it but we will see what will happen.
CNo.101 S.C.Heath knight
CNo.101 S.C.Heath knight

Back to top Go down

Post by EMSOUP 11th April 2014, 7:55 am

Iannic would be better off with Castor's wording. Still, extra NS is a veeery abusable thing, especially with Spirits.

Gashadokuro is slow enough to make the trap reset manageable(heck, I think it's barely playable actually).

And Purgatorium... it necessitates the Extra Normal Summon to actually be useful, but even with it, it is kinda meh, even with the lowered standard.
EMSOUP
EMSOUP

Back to top Go down

Post by Tungsten Butterfly 11th April 2014, 8:49 am

I will have to see what the traps look like this time before I can decide on Gashadokuro.

Like for example, use Iannic, play Purgatorium, Tribute it for Gashadokuro, grab a trap that rehands banished cards (if it exists), and you have a nice engine here.

don't quote me on that because I don't think any banished cards should be returnable at all.
Tungsten Butterfly
Tungsten Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seattleite 11th April 2014, 6:04 pm

I lowered Acheri's and IAO's ATK, if that helps. I also added that IAO can't be used in an Xyz summon. But I really think Spirits need a way to get out their Tribute monsters, it's not like they can easily maintain field presence.

What's the worst that could happen by Normal Summoning 2 low-ATK, low-level spirit monsters, including one that doesn't have any additional effect and that can't be used in an xyz summon?

@ Tungsten Angel - Hopefully we won't have any +0 traps that return banished cards to the hand.
seattleite
seattleite
Admin

http://www.duelportal.us

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down