Ash's Card Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Test Set Discussion

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Test Set Discussion Empty Test Set Discussion

Post by That OW Guy 18th July 2014, 2:24 am

So at the suggestion of Sea, I do think a test set is a good idea. Question is, how do we go about it? Who does what? How many cards should it have? etc etc...

For a test set, I suggest maybe 100 - 125 cards as opposed to the roughly 200 I think we had planned for the official set? Just something to get ideas off the ground, something infinitely testable and something that's okay to mess up on. I also suggest it should be called TS1 for Test Set 1. I would assume we'd have more than 1 test set before making an official release.
That OW Guy
That OW Guy

Back to top Go down

Test Set Discussion Empty Re: Test Set Discussion

Post by DIGITAL 18th July 2014, 3:04 am

+1

I think the amount per person depends on the number of people wanting to participate. I believe 100 is the best number to choose however.
DIGITAL
DIGITAL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by That OW Guy 1st August 2014, 7:45 pm

Okay, we can keep discussing things for a long time, but we won't know anything unless we play test. I say we get this test set off the ground ASAP. 100 cards is a good start. We just need to decide who's contributing to it and what they're contributing as well as how many things.
That OW Guy
That OW Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash 3rd August 2014, 10:48 pm

100 seems good for a base
Ash
Ash
Admin

https://acgclub.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by DIGITAL 4th August 2014, 4:11 am

I will contribute as many cards as delegated to me.
DIGITAL
DIGITAL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash 5th August 2014, 3:52 pm

i'd rather not delegate for this, just throw cards at it till 100 imo
Ash
Ash
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by That OW Guy 5th August 2014, 4:28 pm

Craft cards that contribute to a deck type you would like to test. Don't just throw random cards in. I'll be submitting Machines and other Spells/Traps for the record.

I'll also make a thread for card submission.
That OW Guy
That OW Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash 19th September 2014, 6:54 pm

Seven Scythed Savage - 1000x2 instantly is too much evidently. Potential fix is to halve or significantly reduce base ATK

Carbide Crocodile - 400 ATK gain seems too much, one BP puts it over the high end ATK tier for level 4. 200 to me seems a better fit.

Magic Rabbit Hole - Probably unintentional but appears to let you make 5 at once. Firm opt restriction for a quikfix

Hellish Retribution - Unsure on this one personally, but 1000 burn seems heavyhanded. somewhere in the 500-800 range seems 'fairer'

more to come
Ash
Ash
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tungsten Butterfly 19th September 2014, 10:14 pm

Seven Scythed Savage was meant only to gain ATK when it successfully attacked without dying, but not sure how to write that on a card (it starts at 0 because Base ATK x 0 = 0, Base ATK x 1 = Base ATK, Base ATK x 2 = double ATK and so on)
Tungsten Butterfly
Tungsten Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by That OW Guy 20th September 2014, 4:54 pm

Foul Unguent needs some changing, big time. It basically says "You can't play the game. When I die, I come back for a low cost and keep you from playing the game."

I say remove the effect that allows you to recycle it.
That OW Guy
That OW Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash 20th September 2014, 8:04 pm

inclined to agree
Ash
Ash
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tungsten Butterfly 20th September 2014, 9:18 pm

Hellish Retribution at 500 is fine with me, since it can hit harder than Wave Motion Cannon.

The equipped monster is changed to Defense position and cannot change battle positions. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can pay 700 life points; Return this card to your hand.

Agreed on the removing recycling clause. Pacifism is stong enough by itself.
Tungsten Butterfly
Tungsten Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash 21st September 2014, 12:15 am

soul scorch and brain smolder are op and for now can probably just be pulled from the card pool
Ash
Ash
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by That OW Guy 21st September 2014, 12:59 am

This is just bothering me a tiny bit, but Catechumen is a Level 7 Normal with 2900 ATK. The stat cap for Level 7 is SUPPOSED to be 2300 with a slightly higher one for Normals. I really don't think it should have ATK 600 over the cap for Effect Monsters, that makes it REALLY difficult to get past without multiple boosts.

Also, Planar Erasure is exactly the kind of card we're trying to avoid having. The majority of the game is Effect Monsters. Discarding 1 Normal Monster to wipe an entire field of Effects? Seems a bit much.
That OW Guy
That OW Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by seattleite 21st September 2014, 1:31 am

Remember, this is a Test Set. I'll change some obviously OP'd things but I won't edit the set file for ambiguous stuff until we've actually tested it.

I completely agree with Brain Smolder / Soul Scorch although I think we should nerf it first before removing it.

Agree with Carbide Crocodile.

Catechumen should be tested first. If Level 7 effect monsters have more powerful effects than Level 4 effect monsters then it makes sense for the Normal/Effect ATK gap to be wider. But, I think it should be level 8.

I don't want Foul Unguent to be countered in a defensive situation. Here is the recycle effect I'd like to test at, so they can't just tribute it:

"When this card is destroyed and sent to the graveyard, except by the equipped monster being destroyed, you can pay 1000 Life Points: Return this card to your hand."

Bleh, ignore

Last edited by seattleite on 21st September 2014, 2:02 am; edited 2 times in total
seattleite
seattleite
Admin

http://www.duelportal.us

Back to top Go down

Post by That OW Guy 21st September 2014, 1:38 am

seattleite wrote: don't want Foul Unguent to be countered in a defensive situation. Here is the recycle effect I'd like to test at, so they can't just tribute it:

"When this card is destroyed and sent to the graveyard, except by the equipped monster being destroyed, you can pay 1000 Life Points: Return this card to your hand."

That doesn't solve the problem. At all. It's stupid to say "I don't want it countered in a defensive situation" What else are you supposed to do? Wait to let your monster die? That's really really dumb.

Also, the reason we're making these complaints is because we've actually HAVE been testing these things. We're not just blowing smoke for no reason. Ash, Aqua, and I have been testing things very frequently since the set was uploaded.
That OW Guy
That OW Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by seattleite 21st September 2014, 1:53 am

OmegaWave wrote:That doesn't solve the problem. At all. It's stupid to say "I don't want it countered in a defensive situation" What else are you supposed to do? Wait to let your monster die? That's really really dumb.

What I meant was:
Equipping to the opponent's monster to destroy it = Offensive situation
Equipping to the opponent's monster to stall = Defensive situation
The latter is easier to counter because they can use it as tribute fodder. Once you start taking the upper hand again and kill it in battle, then Foul Unguent is gone for good.

OmegaWave wrote:
Also, the reason we're making these complaints is because we've actually HAVE been testing these things. We're not just blowing smoke for no reason. Ash, Aqua, and I have been testing things very frequently since the set was uploaded.

Okay, now that I know they've been tested, I can edit them.
seattleite
seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tungsten Butterfly 21st September 2014, 6:43 am

So seven scythe, ultragenesis, reckless recory, obliterate, smolder, scorch, and planar erasure.

wow i just bad at making cards this time.

how would you make scorch & smolder not op? taking away the burn and adding a specific cost maybe?

and I admit i didn't believe everyone when i heard this set was going to be slower (thought it would be smoke blowing and people would add fast cards anyway), so i just kind of over-hedged against what i thought was going to happen.

is lightning vortex op?

wait hold on can I take all my submissions out of the set completely? I don't think any of them are good
Tungsten Butterfly
Tungsten Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tungsten Butterfly 21st September 2014, 7:05 am

Like I don't want to make OP cards but I also dont want to make bad ones either.
Tungsten Butterfly
Tungsten Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash 21st September 2014, 10:40 am

sheshanaga is meant to be sea serpent i think i accidentally coded as spellcaster Suspect

and uh, i think planar erasure and obliterate are ok atm

seven scythed is ok (maybe UP) now that we know how it is meant to work
Ash
Ash
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash 21st September 2014, 12:04 pm

Tungsten Butterfly wrote:
wait hold on can I take all my submissions out of the set completely? I don't think any of them are good

i think you dont get the premise of a test set
Ash
Ash
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by That OW Guy 21st September 2014, 4:12 pm

Obliterate is completely fine. Lightning Vortex isn't OP in the TCG NOW. But remember when it was limited at one point? Only reason being how slow the game was at that point, similar to how it is now. In a game where you can Special Summon 10 monsters a turn, no Vortex isn't worth anything. But a game where you only get maybe 2 monsters a turn MAX? Perhaps so.
That OW Guy
That OW Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tungsten Butterfly 21st September 2014, 7:17 pm

oh duh test set

Seven Scythed Savage
"The original ATK of this card is 1000 x the number of battles this card battled in (The ATK increase resolves after damage step.)"
* starts at 0 because 1000 x 0 attacks = 0. If it attacks with 0 ATK without dying then it starts to multiply. I can upgrade it to a higher level so it's not a stupid Level 1 beater.

Carbide Crocodile
-Original ATK becomes 900 (so it has to wait to be stronger than most Level 4s instead of being the best after one turn)
-"(This card's ATK does not increase while in Defense Position.)"

Reckless Recovery
Cont/Trap
At the end of your opponents turn, if they did not declare an attack (not counting attacks prevented or responded to by card effects), you gain 1500 Life Points.
-If that doesn't work then reduce the LP gain to 800 or 1000?
*intention behind it was to stop what OmegaWave was talking about one-sided stall/burn decks (would anyone even play with somebody using that here? like if Ash decided to pull out a tedious stallburn deck against you or Aqua would you guys keep playing against it or call him out?)

on Reverse Guillotine, if the blade would go up instead of down, the level responsible for holding the Guillotine down and guiding it towards the executee's head would break and injure the executioner. A guillotine that would decapitate the executioner would be a Mutual Guillotine (but I haven't made that yet.)

Ultragenesis
"You gain 2000 Life Points (your opponent can discard random card 1 card; if they do, negate the activation of this card and destroy it.)"
* The intention behind this card was creating a fork (your opponent loses hand advantage, or keeps it and lets you gain life points) but the old version was too extreme.

Brain Smolder
"Discard 1 card: Negate the activation of a Spell card and destroy it."

Soul Scorch
Discard 1 card: Negate the activation of a Trap card and destroy it."

Obliterate
Activate this card when your opponent activates a Spell or Trap Card: discard 1 card of the same Attribute (Spell or Trap): negate the activation of that card and destroy it.

(with brain/soul you just discard 1 of any, still have to decide if you NEED to negate the opposing card, with Obliterate, you can hit either Spells OR Traps but you have to have a matching card-type in order to do so, so no mass-setting if you wanna negate)

Trying to promote interaction and thought is this better?
Tungsten Butterfly
Tungsten Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by That OW Guy 21st September 2014, 8:07 pm

Leerkat and Lava-Cast Golem are Level 5s with 2000 ATK. That's above the threshold for Level 5. Lower their ATK a bit or make them Level 6.
That OW Guy
That OW Guy

Back to top Go down

Post by seattleite 22nd September 2014, 1:07 am

If I remove cards from the card pool, all your decks will be messed up.

Tell me if that's OK or we should put a dummy card in there instead.
seattleite
seattleite
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next